Foods you need to eat during summer
Summer season is the warmest season of the four season. The scorching sun of the summer season has the potential to drain us out completely. The temperature has very high degree of humidity during the summer season so you need to eat food that keeps you hydrated and feel energetic throughout the day. Therefore, it is necessarily important to take extra care during the hot season. Here we have tried to list few of the cooling food that you should definitely include in your diet to beat the hazardous impact of the summer.
• Watermelon – Watermelon is a season summer fruit and it contains 91.45 per cent water, helps in maintaining body’s water requirement. It is also loaded with anti-oxidants properties and gives you a magnificent cooling effect.
•Cucumber – In summer, cucumber loaded with fibre helps in keeping constipation at bay. It also contains high level of water content and helps to stay cool during the hot weather.
• Curd – Curd gives a cooling effect to the body to remain energetic during the hot summer days. There are variety of options to have curd by making spicy buttermilk, sweet lassi, adding seasonal fruits in it or by making delicious smoothies.
• Coconut Water – Coconut water is the easily available and best summer drink as it is not so expensive and easily available in all fruit shops. Coconut water is loaded with essential vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients. It helps to fight the hot weather through its cooling properties. Studies suggests that drinking coconut water can reduce the chances of cancer.
• Mint – Mint has cooling properties that keeps you body temperature cool and gives you a refreshing effect. It is less expensive and easily available in almost all vegetable vendors. You can have mint adding in curd, chaach or raita and can also preparing chutney.
• Green leafy vegetables – Green leafy vegetables contains high amount of water content that keeps you hydrated during the hot summer days. Avoid over cooking of the vegetables as it would lead to loss of water content in them.
• Onions – Onions are loaded with quercetin, which is considered as a natural anti-allergen. Onions also help you in minimizing the chances of sun-stroke.
•Lime water – Lime water is a refreshing drink for summer season. It is considered as the most inexpensive and easily available summer drink. You can have sweet lime water or salted lime water or add a pinch of cumin powder for better flavour. It keeps you chilled throughout the day.
• Celery – Celery is loaded with sodium, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and zinc. It contains 95 per cent water content that keeps you hydrated during the hot weather.
• Tomatoes –The bright red colour of the tomatoes which comes from Lycopene helps to get protection from the ultraviolet ray’s of the sun. Tomatoes are also loaded with potassium, vitamins B and E, and other nutrients, which are well known to lower the blood pressure level.
• Cantaloupe – Cantaloupe is diuretic which means it helps the body to get rid of extra fluid and salt. This is specifically important for women because women are largely affected by hormonal changes.
• Honeydew – Honeydew is loaded with Vitamin C and Vitamin A . It has low fat and low cholesterol which makes a healthy source of energy.
• Blackberries – Blackberries contain wide array of nutrients, including potassium, magnesium, calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. They are also healthy source of powerful antioxidants.
• Raspberries – Little raspberry has awesome powerful qualities. They are loaded with 8 grams of fibre per cup and very high Vitamin C.
• Apples – Apple has soluble fibre which helps in lowering cholesterol and also has polyphenols which helps in lowering blood pressure and the chances of risk of having a stroke.
• Pears – Pears are loaded with fibre and vitamins. These nutrients are believed to minimize inflammation and protection against certain diseases.
•Strawberries – Strawberries are filled with flavonoids which is a powerful disease fighter. Strawberries increase the blood flow to skin, which improves the skin appearance, structure and texture.
• Peaches – Peaches are loaded with fibre, vitamins and minerals. Peaches contain antioxidants which help your body from aging and disease during the summer season.
• Avocados – Avocados are healthy source of monounsaturated fat. Avocados are good for the heart and overall wellness of the human body during the hot summer days.
• Corn – Corn has good amount of natural sugars and carbs. It is also rich in Vitamin C which helps protect cells against cancer and heart disease during the hot weather.